St Nicks - Part One

Up early and off to the Port of Dover. Arriving at 0730 it was a little disappointing  to see no bikes there already.

Outside Dover East
I hung about until 0745 and then made my way around to check in. A little after 0801 I was in Lane 149 waiting to board. No other bikes at all in the loading lanes.

Jean Sans-Amis obviously.

It was about 6.5C when I left home rising to a positively balmy 9C at the port.

As usual My Ferry is late into its berth on the incoming trip. So not boarding at 0750 as the info boards say!

I was first on and rode the length of the ship to the bike racks in the starboard bow.

The crew guy had it tied and secured in a minute or so. This is so much better than the messing about on other routes.

 
 

I was in the restaurant quite early and decided to pass the day with a full English.


So now only two hours to kill before landing in Calais.

Had a realised I was solo on this trip I'd have brought my Kindle!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Döra's Flickr Album