Shakedown Ride

By the time we had done the days chores it was a bit late when I finally got out for a test ride with the TomTom fitted on the new Fred Carno's outfit of a RAM mount and dumbbell setup. Amazingly, TomTom had forgotten that the Cardo Scala existed and I had a little faff about to get it all sorted setup.  

It was gone 1730 by the time I set off. I wanted a little run to get the kit settled in and set the TomTom for the Western Heights at Dover.  There are forts all around Dover marking its significance as a major port, and one only 22 miles from France. The Castle was started by the Normans on about 1080 but there is actually a Roman lighthouse on the site.

Apart from a refugee and illegal immigrant centre, I couldn't actually find the defences. Maybe I didn't look hard enough as Tom wanted me to enter a housing estate that looked wrong.

In the end I did go up to the Castle to find a parking spot overlooking the Castle, and found the coach park. The sky was so grey that I almost lost the Castle in the gloom. Grey stone and grey sky.


I took another picture whilst I was up there, of Tom and his mounting.


With the Vimy RAT trip coming up on Wednesday I wanted check this was all good, and it was, then to fill the tank up at Tesco so that I have a full one to start the day.

I squeezed in 3.66 litres and had 42.9 on Trip 1, working out at 52.91 mpg;  a bit better than the last few fill-ups managed before the engine work was done.  The onboard mpg computer shows 62.1 at the moment.

Looking forward to Wednesday.


Comments

Trobairitz said…
Nice MPG on the wee beastie.

The TomTom set up looks nice on the dash. That will come in handy, as long as it doesn't lead you astray.

I think it is so neat that you get to see the castles. Such history. The USA is such as young country it doesn't have the medieval cool factor.

Popular posts from this blog

Döra's Flickr Album